Slingshot Shakshuka - (from the
Jewish Kids Catalogue by Chaya M. Bernstein)
This is a wonderful musical instrument to make from those hangers that have lost their cardboard connecting tube or have tubes so bent they can't be
- Take the cardboard tube off the hanger and squeeze the sides of the hanger together until they are about 4 inches apart.
- Tie a string to one side of hanger that is 4 inches from the other side. Be careful incase the hanger has a rough edge.
- Place a bunch of metal washers on the string.
- Tie and/or tape the other end of the string to the other part of the hanger. Make the string as taut as possible.
- Decorate your shaksuka by tying a brightly colored cloth around the hooked end of the hanger. Shake and see what a great sound this makes.
And if anyone knows where this name, shakshuka, comes from, please e-mail me to let me know.