Looking Beautiful the All Natural Way
We spend a good amount of time and money trying to look as beautiful on the outside as we feel on the inside.
The following alternatives to conventional beauty aids were culled from Joey Green's Encyclopedia of Offbeat Uses for Brand-Name Products
1. Peanut Butter Shaving Cream
- Strange as this sounds, peanut butter makes an excellent alternative to shaving cream. The peanut oil acts as a moisturizer. It is recommended that you use smooth peanut butter and not the chunky variety.
2. Soothing Mustard Soak
- Imagine returning from an all-day hike with your feet aching. Fill a basin with warm water and stir in a quarter of a jar of Gulden's Mustard. You won't believe how good your feet feel after you soak them in the basin for 30 minutes.
3. Maple Syrup Hair Conditioner
- Good old Aunt Jemima Original Syrup comes to the rescue for split ends and dried hair. Shampoo your hair as usual and massage in a quarter cup of syrup. Leave on the hair for five minutes and wash thoroughly. Your hair will feel very soft and take on an amazing shine. Of course, be certain to wash out all of the syrup or you will soon become the center of attention for every bee in your area.
4. Downy Fabric Hair Rinse
- Here is another excellent hair rinse/conditioning alternative. The next time you run out of hair rinse try Downy Fabric Softener. Use as your would a conventional cream rinse and leave in for 3-5 minutes. You won't believe how soft your hair feels afterwards.
5. Unusual Styling Products
- You do not have to purchase expensive styling and setting products any longer. The next time you are in desperate need of body or curl try using Jell-O or Phillips Milk of Magnesia. You can control the firmness of your set by the amount of product that you use. Experiment with each product to determine how much to use.